When you work at home, there are times when you really don’t want to cook or make anything. Sandwiches are great quick lunches but unfortunately I’m sensitive to gluten. But I don’t want to really cook anything for lunch.. So I have found ways to make a meal out of things I have in the house without spending too much time. Salads are always a good option but it gets boring after a while…
So here’s a very quick, easy way to make a tasty healthy meal for all those busy, lazy, ‘don’t feel like cooking’ people who may also be gluten sensitive. 🙂
- A bowl of cooked rice – the rice I used here is mixed grain (wild, black, brown) rice and barley. You can also add beans (kidney, black, garbanzo.. etc) to add more protein and reduce your carb intake
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp jangjorim sauce per each 1 C of rice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- sprinkling of roasted sesame seeds
- some jangjorim meat and/or peppers
- sprinkling of CJ babirang
- crumpled roasted sea weed
1. Hopefully you have cooked rice in your rice cooker or leftover rice in your fridge. If not, hatban (햇반) is your best friend…If you don’t know what hatban is, you are definitely missing out. At most oriental markets, you can buy these already cooked instant rice that comes in plastic bowls and all you have to do is to reheat in the microwave for 1-2 min. CJ, Ottogi are all the same. Heat up some rice (or room temperature rice is good too) and put it into a bowl.
2. Fry one egg. Over easy tastes the best but if you don’t like runny eggs, you can cook it all the way.
3. Add the egg on top of the rice, add the sauce and other seasonings and mix everything together. And there you have it!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it…
You might say “HELP! I have no jangjorim!” – In that case, just use regular soy sauce instead of the jangjorim sauce. Remember to use smaller amount of soy sauce since it’s saltier than the jangjorim sauce. I have it with just soy sauce all the time and it’s really good too. You may like this better if you don’t like the sweet taste of the jangjorim sauce. Here’s to healthy lunches!!